Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween: Fun Pics; Creepy Pretend Holiday





So I had to add a few more cute pictures that we got from Halloween. I feel so silly calling Halloween a holiday, because it really isn't. It is just a day for people to be kind of creepy. As we trick or treated our neighborhood I was reminded of this fact. This year the boys really enjoyed it when grown men, dressed up in freaky costumes, tried to scare the life out of them. McKenna...not so much. I mean really, I wanted to say, "Enough already! Kuddos to you, you were able to scare my 2 year old little girl to tears." Unfortunately, she got really squeemish about walking up to doors after a couple of close encounters with some crazies. I know, I know supposedly it is all in good fun, but come on... at least they should stop once the tears start a'flowin'!"
As a quick side note, please pay special attention to the picture of me with what appears to be a trophy of some sort. I know...who actually brags about winning an award for a soup cooking contest at their church?? Me that's who! I mean it isn't everyday I win a cooking contest. It is my first win to date. So thanks to my great friend, Michelle, who I got the receipe from. (Her blog actually) The chicken queso soup was delicious...and very rewarding!

2 comments:

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

Sarah, I am SO proud of you! I would be very happy if anyone won using that recipe, but you of all people! I'm happy to see you have expanded your repitoire from nuggets and frozen pizza. And your prize looks pretty darn cute! Way to go, friend!

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Hudson wants that recipe by the way! He LOVED it. I'm glad you wont!