Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's Hard to be Humble!

Today in the car, while driving home from church, we had one of our fun family conversations. The word humble came up in the conversation. So Brinton asked, "What does humble mean? Graham tried explaining it so that B could understand. "It is when you don't act like you are the greatest, or think you are better than other people. When you are humble, you don't think or talk about how you are the greatest at something/everything." Just then Graham whispered to me, "Uh oh suddenly I'm not sounding so humble myself." My response: "You said it, not me." Right then, Brinton pipes back in, "Humble...I don't really think that word describes me." Graham and I busted up laughing. My sweet hubbie even added, " yeah, we probably wouldn't use that word to describe you either." He and his Daddy are so much alike sometimes it is scary. I absolutely love it! And don't worry Brinton & Graham. You guys can take the humble route. I will tell everyone how wonderful and amazing you both are. It's my Job!!:)

2 comments:

randi said...

those last 2 posts were great. i always love when my kids say something grand like that and it gives me something to blog about. it helps me want to keep them around during the times they are not quite as cute. Hopefully someday i will be humble enough to admit outloud that the definition of humble doesn't sound like me either! love you guys!

Georgie said...

Sarah I love reading all your cute stories. They cheer me up so much. You need to tell Brinton and Chase thanks for making Aunt Georgie smile so often!