Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm not a Fan of Sad Fun either!

Chase always keeps us laughing. Today, on our way to preschool we had a fun little conversation.
Me: Chase, are you excited about preschool today?
Chase: No, I don't want to go to school.
Me: Why, it is so fun there.
Chase: I'm not really a fan of preschool Mom. (What 4 year old says that?)
Me: Well, Bud you have to get used to going to school. Next year you will be in kindergarten, and have to go to school everyday.
Chase: Well, I'm not really planning on going to kindergarten everyday.
Me: You have to go to school Chase. It's the Law! (I mean really...I decided to go there?!)
Don't you have fun when you go to preschool?
Chase: I just have sad fun Mom.
Me: What is sad fun?
Chase: It's when you are sad, but you still play.
Me: Okay. Well I still hope you have Happy Fun today.
Chase: Alright Mom, if you want me to have fun when I play I will.

I love the thoughts/words that come from my children. But sometimes I just wish I knew what to say so that we could bypass the part where fighting with me appears to be their only motive!
I do however feel thankful that they love to please us. I imagine when they are teenagers the conversations we have will end much differently than Chase saying, "Okay Mom, if you really want me to do it, I will!"

No comments: