Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Those Gym Towels are Really Small!

So I have been working out at the gym now since May, (that is incredible for me!)and I am really enjoying it. I thought once the kids went back to school it would be much easier for me to get into a normal workout routine. Obviously I was so wrong about that! Anyway, so I go to the gym whenever I can work it into my schedule. Sometimes it is just me & McKenna (she graciously waits for me in the childcare part of the gym) and sometimes I take all of my cute Banches. Well yesterday, I took Chase & McKenna right after lunch, but before naps, and told Chase I would be fast. So I did my workout, and hustled in to take a shower and get somewhat presentable for the rest of my day. Before hopping in the shower I went on and locked my car keys (with my locker key attached) in my locker. Not realizing this; I shower away. It hit me as I am dripping wet, buck naked, with a teeny-tiny gym towel covering part of my body that I have no way to get into my locker. So what to do?? Well I wait. I mean I can't walk out dressed like this. So I wait. Women are always coming into the locker room to use the restroom, shower etc. So I wait.strong> Apparently very few women work out at 1:15 in the afternoon, and surprisingly few of them feel the need to use the "Little Girl's Room" at that time either. So I wait. Finally after about 10 minutes I realize I could be waiting for quite a while. Just then I hear someone using the vending machine right outside of the men's dressing room. So I tip toe just barely out of the dressing room, realize it is a woman and say, "Pssst could you come in here really quick." Then I hustle back into the dressing room trying to reposition my Tiny Towel so that my Tiny Hiney is covered. All of a sudden that Hiney didn't seem so Tiny! So she comes in, I explain the situation, she has pity on me and grabs some wire cutters. Well poor girl, it took her about 10 minutes to cut my lock off my locker, but in the end I did walk out of the gym fully clothed. Graham recommended I get a combination lock next time. Definitely something to look into!

7 comments:

EACH Knies said...

I don't care who you are, that is funny!!!

Hoffy said...

That is a awesome story. Very very very funny.

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

LOL! Harrison keeps asking what's so funny. I would have died. At least you do have a tiny hiney. I think one of those gym towels would only cover one cheek on me! The funniest part is thinking about your thought processes during the whole thing.

Georgie said...

AHHH...Sarah thats so funny! I can just imagine how you were feeling. I wish could have heard you tell the story! We miss you guys!

randi said...

that was a great story! I could just hear you saying "so i went on..." with your texas sass. I can't believe you went out of the bathroom. I bet at first that lady was like "what the???" loved it.

Kristin said...

Love it. That just made my day. You for sure have an "embarrassing story" to tell at any girls night out!

Bethany said...

Sarah! I love it!! It reminds me of the days in DT where we would pull that stunt on each other- steal each others clothes and towels. Lucky for us we were in an all female dorm and who really cared if you were in the hall with tiny hiney hanging out!