Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Super Girls' Weekend; Super Dad!

Well, we had our annual girls' weekend in Texas this past weekend. It is so much fun. My mom centers it around Time Out For Women (put on by Desert Book)She brings us all into town and then helps to make the weekend so much fun. Mom, you are the Best! So this weekend, on Thursday, we were also able to celebrate the sealing of Ansley & Elizabeth Knies. It was so wonderful to be present for the joining of these precious girls to Chandler and Heather. It is amazing to finally see them in their role as parents. It is definitely meant to be! No one could love and adore those girls as much as their parents do! Time Out for Women was on Saturday in San Antonio. It was an amazing experience, and we were each "spiritually fed." I have so often been reminded of my need to enjoy the present moment of my life as a Mom. I had that reiterated to me at this conference.
So I did lots of other fun things while in Texas IE. makeovers with Mom & sisters, lunches with "just the ladies", movies/charades as a family, a run (yes I ran) with my sisters Alden & Kristin, and lots of time just sitting with no responsibilities. (No really, multiple times I was aware of the fact that I had absolutely nothing I had to do or be in charge of...pretty nice feeling!) It was so fun, and I am so grateful my Mom feels like this is a worthwhile event. It definitely recharges me for life.
Well, while I was away, my husband was being Super Dad! I am so lucky to have him! He was so wonderful about sending me away to play, and he enjoyed the children as a Single dad for the weekend. I am also very fortunate to have wonderful friends who were willing to pitch in and watch my children when Graham had to work. Daddy still had to make the Bacon! It was fun to talk with Graham throughout the weekend because they were always running somewhere. They had lots of fun activities, and McKenna bonded even more with her Daddy. (now she prefers to have him sing & tuck her in at night) I am grateful that I was able to enjoy the weekend knowing that everything was taken care of. And don't be too jealous, but I even came home to a clean house! So Graham, you are not only a Super Dad, you are a Super Husband as well. Thank you!

No comments: