Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So he's color blind. What's the big deal?!



I was pretty sure that Brinton was color blind a couple of years ago...but I keep holding out hope that I am wrong. Denial...I know it well. But after these beautiful pictures I deny no more. I asked Brinton why he chose to color the Christmas wreath brown. He let me know that he colored it green not brown. (Graham and I then showed him some coloring done with a green marker.) He said, "Yeah, I guess that's green too Mom." Then we moved on to discussing his Christmas tree. Me: "Well, I noticed that you colored this beautiful Christmas tree brown too Brinton." B: "Yeah, but I meant to color that brown Mom. I colored it to look like our Christmas tree in the living room." Me: This Christmas tree? (I point to our lovely GREEN tree.) "This tree is brown buddy." B: "You mean that tree is green not brown Mom. OH?!" So sad to say, I can deny no more. My cute little guy is definitely color blind. I decorated our home with lots of brown Christmas trees this year. I even had my friend Lisa ask me what was with all the dead looking Christmas tree art around the house. We laughed pretty hard!

1 comment:

Georgie said...

OKAY SARAH, I KNOW YOU ARE BUSY BUT I WANT AN UPDATE. HOW ABOUT SOME CUTE PICS OF YOU AND YOUR FAM AT THE CABIN! WE MISS YOU GUYS!