Wednesday, February 18, 2009

10 Years & Counting! February 12, 2009






Can you believe it? Graham & I celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary last Thursday. I know what most of you are thinking. Sarah, you can not possibly be old enough to have been married 10 years. You look way too young for that. (Wasn't anyone thinking that??) Well alas, it is true we both are old enough to be celebrating this exciting milestone together. We had the most wonderful getaway to celebrate a decade together. Graham planned the entire thing himself (as a surprise) All I was responsible for was making plans for the kids while we were away. (A very special thank you to Marni & Lisa for being willing to help with my kids. I appreciate you both so much! The kids had a blast!)
So we stayed at the JW Marriot in Tucson from Thursday to Saturday. It was beautiful! The hotel was very nice, and the views were breathtaking. We had a nice leisurely morning on Friday. We even went on an awesome scenic hike. I was pretty surprised just how beautiful natural desert landscaping is when it is surrounded by so many beautiful mountains. After returning from our hike, Graham rushed me along to a fabulous spa experience. That's right! He had scheduled a massage & facial for me to enjoy all by myself. (for a mom who is constantly surrounded by 3 precious but loud & crazy children peaceful alone time is just what I needed. I even read a book and took advantage of the whirlpool in between treatments.) It was so nice. (Thanks for thinking of that Graham. You are amazing!) Then when I returned to my room Graham had laid out the most beautiful fancy dress ensemble for me to wear to dinner. It was beautiful!(Thanks to my awesome sister Alden for helping Graham out with this surprise.) We then enjoyed a quiet dinner together at a beautiful restaruant in the hotel. So those were the main highlights from our weekend getaway. I confess, it is true, I love my husband. It was so fun to celebrate our love in such a fun & relaxing way. Graham is very charming and quite good at surprises! I am grateful for this wonderful 10 years together, and feel so blessed to be on this journey through life with my best friend.

3 comments:

randi said...

well, can you just feel the jelousy oozing out of me? i can. i'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend and memorable anniversay. and i must say...in that sassy little dress you certainly don't look like you are only days away from turning 30. sorry, i just had to throw that in there. i seem to remember a few jabs from you last year!! don't worry i'll always be older than you. love ya, quack!

Kathryn said...

randi...you are so mean to my sister. Like she doesn't already know she is about to be the
BIG 3-0!!! My little sister recently said, " Manly will be 30 next birthday...He's an 'Oldy Moldy.'" Don't worry Sarah you will never be.
You do look beautiful and I love the picture with you and Graham! Ya'll are perfect for each other in every way! Love you both!!! You know what they say...if you can make it 10 years, you can make it forever! I tell Manly that every year! :)

Anonymous said...

10 years, I can hardly believe it! you look great and what an amazing anniversary.... friday is our ten year and I just told tony... guess what grahm did for sarah! he responded with well, we have a new baby, we have to keep it low key this year. In other words, having this baby made me forget our anniversary:)

love you guys and congrats!