Sunday, August 31, 2008

You know what is worse than the child who tattles on everyone else?

Some of you may be saying nothing. Well my kid doesn't tattle on everyone else. He strictly tattles on himself. That's right! Over the last 3 weeks Brinton has taken to confessing every negative thing that he has done to me his mother. Some of you may think that sounds cute...well it might be if it happened once or twice. Brinton probably tattles on himself 10 times a day. (And that is not accounting for weekends...when it happens ALL DAY LONG!) So the conversations go something like this:

Brinton: "Mom I was climbing on the counter in the kitchen, and you tell me I'm not allowed to do that. But I was and I won't do that anymore."

Mom: "Okay thank you Brinton" (well what else do I say to that?)

Friday night-

Brinton: "Mom I just pushed cousin Kenny into the pool and I'm not supposed to push people into the pool."

Mom: "That's right you're not supposed to push people into the pool. So go have a time out for that."

Brinton: "I don't want a time out. I guess I should just start lying to you."

Mom: (in my mind) Well it isn't actually considered a lie since I didn't ask for any of this information. Instead I say: "Well you do what you think is right. Now head on into time out."

Now perhaps that seemed funny, but while I am typing this blog and talking to my sister Kathryn on the phone, Brinton interrupted me.

Brinton:" Mom we are upstairs and we are all jumping on each other. We aren't supposed to jump on people."

Mom: What do I say to that?! "That's right son we aren't supposed to jump on people. So since you know that how about you take care of it." In my mind: Do you know what you are doing to me son?! He is singlely trying to drive me into the crazy house. But don't worry, I'm not gonna let him!!!

4 comments:

EACH Knies said...

Oh, the things I can look forward to. I guess you can at least look on the bright side, when someone makes a stain on the carpet, you can count on him to tell you if it was him or not. There are some people I know that won't tell. I am not saying that B's mom is one of those people, but hey - the apple may not fall far from the tree.
PS - those pictures on the blog are absolutely wonderful. Great to see that the girls are getting so big.
We EACH love you tons.

Kristin said...

Tell him to eat soap next time instead of tattling...that might solve the problem.

Georgie said...

HAHAHA!! I love it! It's pretty funny, but yeah I bet it does get old pretty fast! Oh, by the way our blog is: www.timandgeorgie.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

I need another post to read. So, find some time (sounds easy, right?)!!!