Monday, August 25, 2008

I survived the 1st week of Kindergarten!

Well, the title might seem silly, but with the first few days of Brinton in kindergarten, I wasn't sure that I was going to make it. Crazy I know! My children have an ability to make me insane when they are with me, but it is almost unbearable for me to allow them to grow up. Brinton began all day kindergarten 2 weeks ago, and I was watching the clock from lunchtime until I could pick him up from school. Don't worry, that has now stopped. Chase, McKenna & I are adjusting to having our big boy in school all day. He is loving it and actually talked me into letting him ride the bus home in the afternoon. He wanted to ride from day 1, but I explained that Mommy was taking baby steps in this new adventure of life. Our little Chase began preschool last week and is enjoying being big just like Brinton. He even brings home homework every time he attends and is ecstatic to do it! (Wonder how long that will last?) He is becoming my big guy now that Brinton is gone during the day. He loves helping me, and does his best to take care of McKenna most of the time. (He does however love teasing her!) So we are doing well in the Johnson household. I love being a Mom...almost all of the time. I was sitting with them yesterday in church marveling at how quickly they are growing (McKenna was outside in the foyer with Graham so I could marvel), and thinking how very special this time with them is. I am blinking and they are growing. That is difficult, but we make the most of each day. And lets face it, there are many days that I am grateful they are growing!

4 comments:

EACH Knies said...

Great Job!!! Nice job on the blog. The key is to just keep us updated. You will find that people want you to keep them updated at the most inopportune time. Sorry, but we miss you guys. Pictures look great, but I am still waiting for my little chef.
Love you long Tim

Kristin said...

I am SOOOOO excited that you've entered the blog-o-sphere! I can't wait to hear about the daily happenings and pictures!!!

Kathryn said...

Girl do you want to make me cry when I read theses? Everyone looks great! Maybe if you get a second put one of them with you and the kids and Graham and the kids. I like to see ya'll too. Love ya sis!

Georgie said...

Sarah!! I am SOOO happy you are blogging! I'm glad that I can see how you guys are doing now! It's hard living far away and this is such a neat way to keep in contact. I'm glad everyone has adjusted to the new schedule. Your kids are adorable!! Of course!!