Tuesday, September 16, 2008




So pretty much my favorite thing in the world is spending time with family. So I was thrilled when my sisters, Alden & Kathryn both flew in to AZ for a weekend visit. It was so fun to have them here with me. We had lots of fun together, and my children adored having their Aunts in our home. As much fun as we had, you stil need a highlight. The highlight of the weekend: me laughing until I cried. I don't know if I have ever done that before. But how could I not when I saw my sweet 25 year old sister pedaling around my subdivison on Chase's bike. (See picture Below:) Why would your sister be riding your 4 year old's bike you ask. Because she is pretty much the sweetest person in the whole world. I was late picking up Brinton at the bus stop outside of our neighborhood one of the days that my sisters were visitng, and so I drove out of here like a mad woman to pick up Brinton and Blake (one of our neighbor buddies.) Kathryn was afraid that I might have missed the boys and knew that I would be in a panic to have to tell Blake's mom I lost her son...so she took off on Chase's bike pedaling the whole neighborhood trying to locate the boys. She eventually stopped at Blake's house to check if the boys were there. I had already dropped Blake off so my friend Kellie offered her a ride home, but Kathryn was too uncomfortable to accept. Imagine her embarrassment when she turned around as she was pedaling away to see Kellie & Blake laughing hysterically at the image in front of them. Unfortunately, I was not as good of a sister to her as she was to me. I was standing outside taking great pictures as she returned...and laughing so hard I cried. (Don't worry it wasn't only me laughing. Alden was taking pictures on her phone and sending them as text messages at the same time.) Good times!! I hope you still love me Kathryn even after you read this posting. Anyway, we had a wonderful time being together as sisters. I am so lucky & thankful to have them! draft 8:46:00 PM by sarah Delete

1 – 1 of 1

2 comments:

Alden said...

Oh what a funny day that was. Lets be honest though...that picture does not do justice for how funny it was to see Kathryn pedling down the road on that bike. I love you Kathryn!!! We have to have a girls weekend again.

Kristin said...

I'm so sad I missed it... I'm not going to lie, I was soo close to buying a ticket to make sure it wasn't just a "sisters" weekend, and that you'd have to change it to a "sisters and you wish Kristin was a blood related sister because that'd make your family that much cooler" weekend.