Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Poem from the Past

Graham and I were cleaning out a file today when we came across an old poem he had written in elementary school. Graham has 8 children in his family; the first 6 were boys (how did his mom do it?!) So without further adieu my husband the poet:

Little Brothers

nice,cute
jump, skip, run
They are so cute
little brothers

Big Brothers
mean,ugly
hit,punch,kick
i will fite back
Big Brothers

I don't know if you thought that was as funny as I did?! Graham often says they fought a lot growing up...and I am guessing these were real feelings he wrote about. This poem was mounted on cardstock and given to his mom & dad. I am sure it produced all sorts of warm fuzzy feelings. I am sure the teacher had quite a laugh as well!

4 comments:

Karen said...

That is the cutest! I'm glad my boys aren't the only ones that fight! It makes me crazy because my siblings and I didn't fight!! (We were more spaced out in age) Preston fully admits it is his fault though!

Anonymous said...

super funny...I think my little Brody feels the same way!

randi said...

haha! it sounds like the perfect mother's day gift i think. i'm guessing i get something like that someday from one of mine!

Georgie said...

Oh, that's so true! I love when I find stuff like that of Tim's. Those Johnson boys!!