Friday, March 6, 2009

I love this Kid!

Today Chase was playing outside with his friend and he fell on his ear. (while climbing on top of the air conditioning fan I might add!) He came inside screaming(in total Chase fashion.) So I comforted him, didn't see blood and we moved on. Well about an hour later I noticed that it looked a little scary on the back of his ear (I'll spare you the details) so I decided to go visit the doctor. I love our doctor!!! He is always so calming to me and he loves my kids. (How could he not?!) Anyway, so we visit with him, he reassures me Chase's ear is fine, and he converses with Chase. (He thinks Chase is so funny!)
Chase: Dr. Aaron why are you wearing your church shirt today? Dr. A: "Well I woke up thinking it was church today and then realized it wasn't really Sunday. And look, I spilled coffee on my nice church shirt." Chase: (very concerned) Who spilled coffee on you Dr. Aaron?" Dr. A: I did when I was drinking it. Do you drink coffee Chase?" Chase:"No!" Dr. A:"why not, because you are a kid?" Chase: "No because I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints." Dr. A: "Oh what do they teach you at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints Chase?" Chase: "Well not to drink coffee that's for sure." (I'm slightly proud, slightly mortified at this point.) Dr. A: Tell me 2 other things you learn at church." Chase:"They teach me to be kind to others" (Happy that is what he came up with.) And they teach me to play games. So that ladies and gentlemen is our church in a nutshell according to Chase Thomas. I love this kid. He is hilarious!

4 comments:

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

Hilarious! I would definitely be much more proud than mortified.

Hoffy said...

I just love that kid.

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Meghan Adair. We LOVE Dr Aaron. He is the best pediatrician ever. I went to him growing up and I will never go anywhere else. That is hilarious though. I love the cute things kids say.

Georgie said...

I love your stories! We miss you guys. Are you able to come to Park City in April?